StarSelector wishlist

Feb 5, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Hi folks

I like the controls here!!!
For the starselector it would be very nice to have a property for the max rating not just 4.
When the height becomes very low the stars are almost invisible, the margin of the stars is to high for those cases.

Maybe I can adjust this already to my needs but I couldn't find a way even through templating.

Cheers
Jan
Feb 23, 2009 at 10:16 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2009 at 10:23 PM
These are the items that would make this control usable:

1. Double Property DisplayValue : allows the control to display rounded double values rounding them in half stars.
  2. Boolean Property IsResetButtonVisible : Displays a reset button that clears the current vote (clears all stars).
  3. Int Property MaxValue : Max # of Stars (Defaults to 4).
  4. Template for half stars as well as stars.
Optional:
  1. Array of Tooltip for each Value ("Poor" "Nice" "Great" "Awesome")
  2. Rename the Rating Property to Value which would make it more consistent with other controls like the Slider control.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 12:31 PM
These are good suggestions.  Thank you!

1.  I was thinking about changing the SelectedRating (Value) property to a double data type and automatically handling the UI display using the technique described above.  Do you think this would work for you?  I would rather not have 2 different value properties if I can avoid it.
2.  This is something I've been meaning to add for some time.  It should be in the next release.  Additionally, this will also set the SelectedRating (Value) to 0.
3.  Finished this feature last night. 
4.  Finished this feature last night.  Also adding the ability for the user to choose half-stars which is optional based on a boolean property.

Optional:

1.  I will consider adding this.  Good suggestion!
2.  I agree, this should be corrected in the next release.